- Unless you really like to figure out everything on your own, watch a tutorial about how to survive your first night.
- Be prepared for the adrenaline rush of nightfall and strange creature noises.
- My daughter and I partnered up: She played the game on our desktop while I used my laptop to research how to accomplish various tasks on the Minecraft Wiki. When we couldn't find charcoal to make torches and had to spend the night in a dark hole, just waiting for morning to come, this was the place that showed us how to make our own charcoal.
- Making blocks of glass was one of the first things we did. That way we could have a protected view out into the night so we could see when it was daylight again.
- Even when it is daylight, there may be a spider hovering above your front door. I wish I had a video recording of the first time this happened. Terrifying and hilarious!
- Here's one of my first hidey holes with my crafting table and furnace - very important!
- In this mode, I had access to many different items rather than having to mine and craft my own supplies. It was fun to be able to use whatever I wanted as I built the beginnings of a home under a hill. (Not quite a Hobbit hole...)
- This mode shows me what I could aspire to do in Survival mode. It shows me something of what is possible.
- There are monsters about, but they don't attack, so that's nice.
- Here's one room of my house under the hill: